Monday, March 23, 2009

Halloween Tricks


- I really didn't want to post about myself however this is about things that I have built therefore, as an introductory, I will post a little about what I have done in the past - Especially Halloween animations.
Starting sometime in 1996 or there about, I built a pop-up skeleton housed in a casket. It was pretty rudimentary, but it used a Radio Shack Color Computer as the control system. I built the "GPIO" board from scratch and did the programming in (6809) machine code - Ah those were the days ;-)

Here's a picture of the IO board - A lot of thought went into the creation of the board; it uses an 8225 GPIO chip, some support logic, transistors for output and probably the best part is the MOC3010 and Triacs used to run the 120V air solenoids.

No comments:

Post a Comment